Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oldies but goodies

18 years ago when I was 7 at age something pretty cool happened..!

In the early days my lovely parents dragged us kids around to all kinds of Christian rock concerts like Jerusalem, Newsboys, PFR and this well-aged Norwegian dude:

Hans Inge Fagervik is his name, and he's a pretty cool guy and a reason for many good things. When I was 7 years old I pointed at the man on the stage and told my mom that I wanted to be him. That was Mr.Fagervik. After the concert we walked up to him. He toke my little hand and walked me through the crowds to get a free poster for me, oh YEAH, that was the beginning..!

Next Christmas my parents bought me a little guitar, and today I'm playing a Kirk Hammett Signature with skull and bones printed in the guitar neck. Thank you Hans Inge. And GOD!

So yesterday it was my turn to take my parents hands and bring them to a concert. It was an in memory of LARRY NORMAN tour with something like 10 bands performing. Andraé Crouch did a great gig, and then H.I.Fagervik played as well. After the show my mom and I (like 18 years ago) went over to have a chat with him.

As a musician I can only respect passionated musicians, and wheather I like or dislike the genres and tunes I'm thankfull for what the oldies/goodies created with mind, heart and soul. A big respect to people like Larry Norman, Keith Green, Glenn Kaiser and Andraé Crouch!

No comments: