Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grandma's gone

So my grandmother just suddenly died from a blood clot.

Just one single week after a big family party that she was much in charge of (my grandfathers 80 year old birthday).

It has been some strange days.. The day before yesterday I drove across the (little) country to visit my grandfather and be with my mom in the situation. Today I went again (this time with my mom, dad and sister) to see my grandmother in the casket and be with my grandfather.

On Friday the funeral will be. She's a great loss and it came VERY unexpected for the whole family, but we're all talking a lot about it which is the right thing to do. The whole family on my mothers side (mothers 3 siblings, my grandfather, us 13 grandchildren + 2 great grandchildren) believe in God which is so awesome. 

It's some strange days, but things are well considering the circumstances. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD (and beyond!) to have God as our loving Father carrying the family through the hard times. Not pass the hard times, but THROUGH it. This is where we learn about life. And love.

5 comments:

Kugler said...

Amen, bro. That's all I can say. God bless you and your family as you go through this season of life. -mathias

Brian @ Steel Cross said...

Hey man praying for you and the family as you go through this

God bless you

dtravelbug said...

And . . . I'm soooo sorry. Knowing you'll be together again certainly does remove the sting, but there's still a void where she used to be. Your posting was so tender, my heart really goes out to you and your family -- I wish you could see my expression as I write this. Lots of love, my friend. D

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.
But how wonderful having the knowledge that you will all be together again!

Much love
- Amanda

Franz-Irene said...

wow! - Det er jeg virkelig ked af at høre! - Men det lyder som om du og familien holder tankerne det rigtige sted. Og som om du er en god støtte hos familien. Jeg vil også huske jer alle i bøn! Og du har helt ret through not pass:-)