Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the Norway-Denmark ferry

I travelled to Oslo by boat from Frederikshavn and back again, which can be pretty boring, when you're traveling alone..! On my way home I spend more than 12 hours on the ferry.
But fortunately I met a Norwegian hippie on my own age sitting by himself on the deck smoking hand rolled cigarettes :0) We sat on a table talking on the deck for a couple of hours until both of us were completely frozen. We had a lot in common though we were very different in some fundamental ways like God, relationships and sex.

This lonely dude had been homeless in periods and had been living in Asia for a while searching for love. At a time he went to jail in Thailand without knowing anything for a month. All he wanted was to lay down his life in anyway he could to be able to be with the woman he loved, though this woman treaded him violently both mentally and physically. 

I haven't been through as much crap as he has, but I know how it is to be driven by love, which MANY times feels like a sickness! ...But you're convinced that it's worth everything!

Love is a powerful thing that keeps us going!!

...To be continued in the "EASTER" post above...

No comments: