Friday, October 5, 2007

Cornerstone California Saturday

This first year Cornerstone California was a two days festival with heavy tunes on 5 stages.
There was a whole lot of great concerts on Saturday as well!

Emerald, the guys I stayed with, did their concert today. I was told that one of the songs they did they wrote almost 30 years ago. That's old school metal! On the picture below you see the guitar player David whom I hung out with the whole week in California:
Once Dead played at the Sanctuary Stage as well, and they were the band that I looked the most forward to see. Aggressive thrash metal done by musicians from Vengeance/Vengeance Rising, who were the first band in world history to record vocal-growl in metal. And they were Christians... Once Dead pictures below:It was also good to meet Glen Kaiser again. Last time I met him was at Sommer Oase in Denmark 2,5 month ago. And cool to see my friend Jim Laverde play with his band Barren Cross. His band started playing heavy metal in the early 80's. Big hair metal!

Besides the bands at the Sanctuary Stage I also went to enjoy some of metal core at the other stages. This day Showbread, Underoath, Project 86, Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster + tons of other bands played. It was the first time I heard Maylene And... and they were really good! Metal core with a crazy live show AS WE LIKE IT :p

Here's a picture of Showbread at one of the main stages:

No comments: