Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Traveling seminar

This morning I did a 45 minutes seminar for 100 students at the boarding school here in the village Fjellerup. I talked about how important it is for young people to travel and experience other parts of the world.
I see a big tendency among people who never leave their country, that they get convinced that MY COUNTRY IS THE BELLY BUTTON OF THE WORLD..! In every single country you'll find people who're convinced that they're the center of the world.
I talked about cool, crazy and fascinating facts about Nepal, the people and culture + told crazy and awesome stories from when I, as a 17 year old kid, traveled Nepal and India for 4 month with my brother.
These pictures are taken from a 5 weeks trekking/expedition trip in the Himalayas where we also conquered the summit of Island Peak ( 6.189 meters / 20.305 foot ).

2 comments:

Franz-Irene said...

Virkelig sejt med den seminar!! - Fede billeder! - Specielt det med dig på bjerget er fantastisk! - Det må virkelig have været en fed tur:-)

dtravelbug said...

You go!! I would have loved to have heard that talk. I know how irritated I get by people who poo-poo my love of travel and insist there are plenty of worthwhile places in the US, why bother . . . and yes, that whole idea of being better than everywhere else drives me CRAZY.