Thursday, February 21, 2008

New work (for paycheck)

Yesterday and today I applied for two jobs here in my parents 700 inhabitant beach village. Money doesn't grow on trees and flight tickets for festivals doesn't do either...
I applied as a substitute teacher at a boarding school for teenagers and as a substitute social worker at a home for disabled children...and got both jobs, which is a blessing. When I'm at work-work I'm there a 100% and when I'm doing ministry work it's the same. 

I've got ministry projects for a full time work (and more!) and would love to do that as a living, but I guess God is about to teach me something more at the moment. I'm sure I'll learn a lot through these two jobs as well.

4 comments:

dtravelbug said...

I wouldn't be surprised if you find some ministering opportunities at these jobs. The doors opened so fast (um, hello, two doors on the FIRST day?) . . . you may be exactly what some of those kids need.

Signe said...

Yay, congrats on the jobs! Hope you'll have a blast in Fjellerup:-)

Franz-Irene said...

Ja tillykke med det Andreas! - Mega fedt med de jobs, det skal du nok få noget godt ud af:-) Det lyder bare super spændende! - Min mormor var leder i en børnehave med handicappede børn hvor jeg så tit var når jeg var på besøg da jeg var mindre, så jeg voksede lidt op med det. En af de ting jeg syntes kunne være spændende i min fremtid måske.

Anonymous said...

Dude!! That's great about your jobs!!!! I still haven't found one yet. But that's okay. God is really teaching me some things in the mean time. We miss you dearly and Bryndan has been asking for you a lot! He misses you so much. I think he thinks you are coming home sometime soon. :-( sniff sniff. But I'm excited about where you are! You are going to be so great at your jobs!!!!! I can't wait to here some stories!
Lots of love!
Trish