Thursday, November 8, 2007

Doom metal and devotions

When the Meltdown Festival ended Sunday I moved in with these two cool folks for a couple of days. They are the parents of little Jasmines mom, and Ian from My Silent Wake/Ashen Mortality/Seventh Angel/Paramaecium/Century Sleeper.
I was honored to get the guest room where John PROUDLY showed me his train landscape that he's working on, which was half of the room :) . Very cool. This picture shows 1/4 of the landscape.
Margery and I had a good talk about death metal, black metal, doom metal and goth metal. I couldn't think of a better place to stay!

I really admire Margery and John and how they cling to Gods grace and everyday fellowship with Christ, which has made them who they are. In the evenings the 3 of us had some great
devotions. Shared God-experiences with each other, read a captor in the Bible, talked about it, then read in 4 devotion-books and prayed together.

I love it when Christians can share life like Christ wanted it to be. Like a family, brothers and sisters where we focus on the awesome things we've got in common instead of what we disagree about.

...It was cool hanging out with 'em, and we talked till after midnight every evening (I was always the first who went to bed).

No comments: