Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cornerstone Festival

This was the 2nd year I’ve been to Cornerstone Festival in Illinois. I love going to metal festivals and meet friends and well known faces from all over the world!

More than 50 stages and several hundred bands gathered for six days in the cornfields of Illinois. Last year I played 3 times with the Sanctuary Worship band, and this year I've been so blessed to be able to play with SOLACE THE DAY here!!

Within 6 days we played 6 Solace the Day concerts + that Levi and I played 3 times with Sanctuary Worship band! Besides that we had an awesome time hanging out and running to concerts with friends whenever we didn't have to play :0)
We played everything from a the big Sanctuary tent full of folks to a couple of shows right on the grass at the generator stages.
Our American friends from the great band A Hill To Die Upon helped us out a lot with borrowing gear. Respect! And tons of respect goes out to the guys behind the Sanctuary Stage/Tent. It was one more awesome year!!
This last picture is from one of our 3 concerts at the Sanctuary Stage. Rumors started running that our live show was pretty crazy and that I destroyed myself completely at every show (which I did)... I'm very thankful for the good support we got at all our shows.

A huge privilege to meet so many great people at Cornerstone, hang out, play music with awesome friends and worship God, my Father and Creator!

No comments: